광고배너 한번만 클릭해주셔도 큰 힘이 되요. 부탁드려요 :-) 『열심히 공부한 내용을 정리해서 올리는 공간입니다.』

영어/YouTube & 영자신문 & ETC

Korean tech companies struggle to hire highly-skilled foreigners - 한국 기업, 우수 외국인력 고용 난항

태뽕이 2022. 6. 12. 23:50
728x90
SMALL

(2022-06-16) Korean tech companies struggle to hire highly-skilled foreigners.docx
0.02MB

Korean tech companies struggle to hire highly-skilled foreigners

한국 기업, 우수 외국인력 고용 난항

 Korean companies are struggling to recruit highly-skilled foreign workers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields, according to a recent survey released earlier this month.

이달 초 발표된 최근 설문조사에 따르면 한국 기업들은 과학, 기술, 공학, 수학 분야에서 고도로 숙련된 외국인 노동자를 채용하는 데 어려움을 겪고 있다.

 

The survey, which was conducted among 300 local firms by the University of Science and Technology (UST) and the Korea Industrial Technology Association (KOITA), found that many companies were facing difficulties in recruiting foreigners for research positions despite a growing number of foreign nationals earning advanced degrees in Korea.

과학기술연합대학원대학교(이하 UST)와 한국산업기술진흥협회(KOITA)가 국내 300개 기업을 대상으로 공동 조사한 결과 한국에서 고급 학위를 취득하는 외국인의 증가에도 불구하고 기업 다수가 연구직에 외국인을 채용하는 데 어려움을 겪고 있는 것으로 나타났다.

 

The survey respondents included six large conglomerates, 198 small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and 96 venture startups. Of them, only 73 firms, or 24 percent, said they currently have hired foreigners in research positions, while the other 76 percent said they did not have employees of foreign nationality.

설문 응답은 대기업 6곳, 중소기업 198곳 및 벤처 스타트업 96곳을 포함했다. 이 중 연구직에 외국인을 채용한 기업은 73곳(24%)에 불과했고 나머지 76%는 외국인 직원이 없다고 답했다.

 

As for the reasons why they chose to recruit foreigners when multiple answers were allowed, the firms replied, to tackle a shortage of local manpower (43 percent), to expand their business overseas (43 percent) and because foreign nationals showed better performance and professional capabilities compared to their Korean counterparts (33 percent).

복수응답이 허용됐을 때 외국인 채용을 선택한 이유로는 현지 인력부족 해소(43%), 해외사업 확대(43%), 한국인과 비교해 외국인이 더 나은 성과와 전문성을 보였기 때문(33%)이라고 답했다.

 

On the other hand, among the companies that did not hire foreign employees, 43 percent of them cited a lack of information about international students in Korea. Seventeen percent found international staffing unnecessary (17 percent), while some cited concerns over possible difficulties in communication due to a language barrier (15 percent), or complicated administrative procedures (9 percent).

반면 외국인 근로자를 채용하지 않은 기업 중 43%는 한국에 있는 유학생에 대한 정보 부족을 꼽았다. 17%는 국제 인력이 필요하지 않다고 답한 한편 일부는 언어 장벽(15%) 또는 복잡한 행정 절차(9%)로 인한 의사 소통 어려움의 가능성에 대한 우려를 들었다.

 

However, 60 percent of these firms replied that they are willing to hire foreign workers in the future, with 61 percent seeking to recruit those with a master's degree and 27 percent saying that they prefer applicants with a doctoral degree.

그러나 이들 기업 중 60%는 향후 외국인력을 채용할 의향이 있다고 답했고 61%는 석사 학위 채용을 희망하며 27%는 박사 학위를 소지한 지원자를 더 선호한다고 밝혔다.

Ref)

• firms /fɜːrm/

 

Regarding the policy support needed from the government when recruiting foreign talent, 32 percent of the companies called for the establishment of a talent pool of potential candidates, while 26 percent said financial support, and another 20 percent wanted work visa requirements to be significantly eased.

외국인 인재를 채용할 때 필요한 정부의 정책적 지원에 대해서는 기업의 32%가 잠재적 지원자의 인재풀 구축, 26%가 재정적 지원을 요청했고, 20%는 취업비자 요건을 대폭 완화해야 한다고 답했다.

728x90
LIST